AHA CPR Instructor Class
About Our Instructor Development Process
The American Heart Association (AHA) CPR Instructor Course is taught through a blended learning model. To become an AHA CPR Instructor, candidates must complete the online prerequisites before attending the instructor class. The online content is designed to expose the candidate to AHA instructor content and reduce the administrative burdens during the instructor class. Once in the instructor class, learners will find our entire instructor class is taught through experiential learning.
Instructor Class Required Prerequisites
- Pre-screening Required - Start Here
- Have a current AHA CPR Provider Card
- Complete CPR Instructor Essentials Online (Included in fee)
- Complete CPR Training Company Online Orientation (Included in fee)
All instructor candidates must have a current AHA BLS or Heartsaver provider card, which will not expire during the instructor development period (~six months). Additionally, each instructor candidate must complete the following:
- ~2-hour Instructor Essentials Online course before this instructor class date. Our staff will email access to the Instructor Essentials Online course (to the registered email) within 72 business hours of registration.
- ~ 2-hour CPR Training Company online orientation course before this instructor class date. Access to the online orientation course is in the registration confirmation email (please check your spam/junk folder).
What can I teach?
After you become a BLS Instructor, you can teach:
- BLS Provider (Initial and Renewal)
- HeartCode BLS Skill Sessions
- Heartsaver CPR AED
- Heartsaver First Aid
- Heartsaver First Aid CPR AED
- Heartsaver Pediatric First Aid CPR AED
- All Heartsaver Online Skill Sessions
Where can I teach?
You can teach anywhere in the United States.
What Material is Included in the AHA BLS Instructor Class?
Our instructor courses include the following items:
- No-cost access to Instructor Essentials Online Course
- No-cost access to the Instructor CORE Online content
- AHA Instructor Class
- Instructor Candidate Observation
- Instructor Manual
Add On Ideas
The following items are not required in this instructor class. However, previous instructor candidates asked about these items during their instructor class. It is ok to wait to order the following items. We cover the ins and outs of what is necessary during the instructor's class.
Course DVDs or Streaming DVD
- BLS Course Video - Streaming Format
- BLS Course Video - DVD Format
- Heartsaver First Aid CPR AED Video USB
- Heartsaver First Aid CPR AED DVD Format
The CPR Training Company will develop you into a CPR Instructor through the American Heart Association instructor development process. From First Aid instructor classes to CPR instructor classes, becoming a CPR instructor has never been easier. We hope this date and time will work; if not, consider our other AHA Instructor class options.
CPR Training Company | AHA CPR Instructor Class
|Event Date||12-16-2023 9:00 am|
|Event End Date||12-16-2023 4:00 pm|
|Cut Off Date||12-16-2023 5:00 pm|
|Individual Price||$425.00 (All Inclusive)|
|Lead Instructor||Joe Love, AHA Faculty|
|Course Coordinator||Joe Love|
|Contact Coordinator||Click to Contact|
|Location||MedStar Washington Hospital Center|
Venue Information - MedStar Washington Hospital Center
MedStar Washington Hospital Center | Washington DC
110 Irving Street, NW
Washington, D.C., 20010